Sunday, May 07, 2006

Hullooo zeeba!

I like how my apartment is just across the way from the zoo.
I look out the front window, and there it is.
Hullo zeeba neighba!
I think it's kind of odd, though, that the zoo sells beer.
So odd, that i didn't believe when i heard this.
But I checked, and they do.
Really expensive beer, right there.
Also, I think it's kind of odd that the zoo sells shot glasses.
So odd, that I wouldn't have believed that either.
Someone bought me a monkey shot glass, so I guess I have to.

I thought zoos were for kids!
Apparently they are also for getting hammered.
Who knew.


Zeeba!

3 comments:

Julie V. said...

As long as the zoo animals don't drink the beer, I think it'll be okay. Anything to make a buck, right? Go zebras! :)

Marcus said...

Yay zeebas! I'm sort of stuck on them, cause I love Pearls Before Swine, and because when I went walking past the zoo today I found that the zebras are actually on the side facing my place, just inside a chain link gate. So if I stood on the roof with a pair of binoculars, I actually might be able to see them. And it makes me happy. :-)

Julie V. said...

Yeah, that's pretty cool. The closest animals to me are cows (which I LOVE), but I probably couldn't stand on the roof w/binoculars and see them. :( Zebras are actually interesting animals.

Have you heard of quaggas? Look here: http://www.quaggaproject.org/
A quagga is a subspecies of the Plains Zebra (Burchell’s Zebra) and they thought it was extinct, but now they think, through breeding, they can bring the species back. It's pretty interesting. Check it out!