Saturday, July 17, 2010

Color Me Marcus

Today I decided I was going to roll over to the farmer's market.


But today, I wasn't there for the usual. Today, I was looking for something a little different...


Today I got bamboo*! I've named it Mr. Shoots. As you can see, Mr. Shoots is already adjusting to his new home and making friends. Mr. Shoots, meet Buzz...


I've been wanting plants for a while now, but at the old place I was always afraid there was too little light to grow anything properly. I wasn't sure what kind of plant to get, until I settled on bamboo as a nod to my appreciation for kung fu cinema and Chinese culture. Perhaps this will be the start of something wonderful! I'm already thinking about what I'd like to get next...

*Well... make that "Lucky Bamboo", which is not related to bamboo and isn't native to Asia. Dang.

No comments: