Saturday, July 17, 2010

Music gets down in your soul, makes you want to lose control

Last night I stepped out to see Robert Randolph and the Family Band courtesy of some free tickets I lucked my way into (thus continuing the tradition of going to see RR for zero dollars). I have to say that the energy level was a bit lower than the last time I saw them perform, and that was a little disappointing. I like my music lively so I can dance to it, but things didn't really pick up until the encore. All and all, it was still a good show. The highlight has to be the covers they played: Dylan's "Maggie's Farm" (which was originally made known to me through the version done by RAtM), Jimi's "Foxy Lady", and a sort of cover / mash-up of "Papa Was a Rollin' Stone" by The Temptations and "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga. Fun stuff. Love that pedal steel.



Next up, a series of Color Me Katie-inspired posts.

No comments: