Thursday, December 03, 2009

Outta gas, still burnin

I can ride my bike with no handleb... hey wait, that's no bicycle.
I've got an idea. Let's invent some stuff. But not just any stuff, mind you. I'm talking weird stuff. Let's make it so weird that it barely has a purpose, and so cumbersome that it can hardly be considered efficient. But we'll make it real expensive, so people'll feel like they HAVE to buy it. Cause people are suckers! They'll buy anything. As long as it's new, they have to have it. Having stuff, it's their drug, and I'm your pusher man. If I was making this up, it might be funny. If only, if only. But it happens to be one of those strange truths of the world, if not the thought process then at least the end result.

4. With this one, I can kind of see where the design makes some sense. Sure, you'll look like a weirdo, but a weirdo who's making the most of what he has. Now that's what I call a leg (er... arm) up on the competition.




3. If a tricycle and an elliptical bumped uglies and had a bastard love child, this is what it would look like. Congratulations, it's a... beast.








2. Just when you think you can count on the ingenuity of human-kind, someone comes along with something to screw it up. Why would you want to use some of the largest muscle groups in your body, when instead you can just go for some much smaller and weaker? Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to engineered imperfection.


1. And finally this must be my favorite (to hate). If you like running, if you like complications, if you like tools that actually make your job harder and slow you down, then the treadmill bike is here for you.







Here's to hope that the weather is decent when I step outside for biking on the interstate. Figure I might as well check it out since it's right there and all. With some careful planning and placement, I could roll directly out of bed and onto the bike, I'd be practically halfway there already. Decided to go with the more legal method instead of rolling with the FBC's patented brand of crazy. It's fun times, but it was too cold and wet for me. And I didn't know they would have fire on a bike trailer. Couldn't have guessed that one. Live and learn.

----------------
Now playing: DJ Shadow - Mashin' on the Motorway
via FoxyTunes

No comments: