Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Note to self:

I'll often write myself notes because my memory for details can be terrible. If I don't write things down, they don't exist. Usually they reference some band or website that I mean to take a look at later. Sometimes I find them so long after the fact that they have lost all hope of being understood in context, leaving me to guess wildly at what their purpose may once have been. Today I found a short list that is particularly perplexing. At the top, a url that leads to a wildlife and nature photography website. At the bottom, "SR-71 w/ three engines". They have two, if you're wondering, and they're already one of the fastest planes ever designed. Can't find any evidence that any variants were made with such a modification, nor do I know why anyone would feel the need for more power. But it's the one in the middle that gets me: "hippopotamus top speed". Yeah... cause that knowledge was going to come in handy. For the life of me I can't think of a reason why that would ever be relevant. Was I considering starting a fight with a hippo, and wondering what my chances of escape were if things took a turn for the worse? Some days I'm too weird even for myself.

Update: Hippos have been clocked at 19 mph over short distances. Looks like picking a fight with one is out, unless perhaps I am on my bike while I do so.

2 comments:

maggiehlaban said...

Perhaps an SR-71 with 3 engines would not only break the speed of sound, but the speed of light as well.

Hippopotamus bit though.. no idea.

Marcus said...

And while it was breaking the speed of light, it would undoubtedly melt your face. ZOOM.