Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bicycle races are coming your way

A-whoops. Don't know for sure that I can do either of these, or if I want to, but here's the haps on cycling things coming up this weekend.

First up, on Saturday we have the World Naked Bike Ride. I'm torn between making a reference here to "Naked in the Rain" or "Naked Pictures (of Your Mother)". Oh, can't decide... can't decide! I love how easily my life has a soundtrack for everything. For the low, low cost of no dollars you'll get the chance to ride and make friends with all of the crazily dressed and non-dressed cyclists of St. Louis. The pre-ride party kicks off at Black Bear Bakery @ 7p; the ride itself @ 9p.


Following that, on Sunday there is the Urban Assault Ride to benefit Trailnet and Bicycle Works. Registration is still open for this scavenger hunt & obstacle course shin-dig for those folks willing to plunk down $65. For those not, I'm sure it's a spectacle worth seeing. I envision something like kooky Japanese gameshows come to life right before my eyes, and I would like to say that I am a full supporter of bike jousting in the case of it involving someone other than me. The fun starts in Forest Park near the tennis courts @ 9a, with assorted checkpoints scattered throughout the city.

Like I say I'm not sure that I can do either of these, my plans for the weekend are pretty up in the air, but if anyone goes there's a possibility I may show up and bump into you. In other developments, there are a couple more cycling things in the pipeline, which I will get to later.

----------------
Now playing: Queen - Bicycle Race
via FoxyTunes

No comments: