Sunday, March 14, 2010

In the daylight anywhere feels like home

Hooray! Daylight Savings! I'd long planned to make a mix or maybe suggest it become a national holiday to commemorate the occasion, cause I do indeed love my outdoor time. Completely stoked for having the extra hours for more riding and frisbee-shaped-object-related activities. Only that whole wiping the music library thing means it's much harder finding proper songs than it used to be. And there are SO MANY hoops to jump through for instituting national holidays. Geez. So I wasn't sure it was gonna happen. But maybe, just maybe I can pull something off. Gotta find something to keep myself occupied. Am I actually celebrating having daylight by doing stuff outside? NO. Cause it's cloudy and dreary and RAINING. I mean, I'd only been planning on that play time since the beginning of Winter, Mother Nature, it's no big. Ho hum.

Who Loves the Sun? mix:
Matt & Kim - Daylight
Beck - Sunday Sun
Harlem Shakes - Sunlight
Deerhoof - Sunnyside
Ohmega Watts - Groovin' On Sunshine

5 comments:

Justine Urbikas said...

even though I like winter, and cold, for some reason I'm particularly looking forward to spring and summer. I always look forward to spring, but I hate summer... but for some reason this year... I'm READY. yay SUN!

Marcus said...

Glad to see you're finally turning into a real human being. Do you remember that one time we went camping in the summer and I slept in? I still can hear you yelling at me, and for the record I still think it was totally logical and comfortable to lay around in the sun under a blanket.

Justine Urbikas said...

no no no no no... you're still a freak. it was like 140 degrees in that tent WITHOUT being cocooned in a sleeping bag. I still hate heat, but I'm looking forward to not being cold all the time. and the radiators in my apartment being SILENT (which they are not at all when they are on, which is always because apparently my apartment needs to be 90 degrees)

Marcus said...

Hahaha. That tent was FINE. That tent was LOVELY. Someone is just in denial and not cool enough to realize this.

Justine Urbikas said...

and if by "fine" you mean "oven of death" then I agree with you.