Monday, March 29, 2010

New Music Monday: Naked in the rain

Erykah Badu's latest album releases tomorrow. If the rest of it sounds as good as the track, I'll be quite happy to listen to it. Sister is still the Queen. While the video for the song is quite striking, before you check it out I suggest you set it up by watching the one that inspired it.





From Erykah, "[S]hot guerilla style, no crew, one take, no closed set, no warning, two minutes, in downtown Dallas, then ran like hell... I was afraid. But I was ready."

And from Questlove, "People were so stunned they forgot to break out camera phones."

4 comments:

Justine Urbikas said...

not everyone was too stunned to take out there cameras, you can clearly see where two people are taking pictures. I didn't know cop protocol was to tackle indecent exposers, I thought they would, you know, talk to them first. haha. I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Marcus said...

"Sir, I can see your doodle. I'm gonna have to ask you to put that away." I think she was talking about her own video, though. I feel like there were people taking pictures of Matt & Kim, but I didn't see any on hers. Though I DID see a guy runnin along behind picking up some of her clothes at first like he thought she'd dropped them by accident.

Corn Doggers said...

Drat! Erykah Badu's video has been removed. Damn YouTube and their copyright shenanigans.

Marcus said...

Re-posted from another source. And downloaded, now, in case it too is removed. Copyright shenanigans can go jump in a lake.