Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mix o' mixes

As promised, here comes the Mix o' Mixtapes. Only this is gonna be a hard one. I'm all out of the mood and forgot most of the tracks I had been thinking about. Also, simultaneously listening / crafting / filtering stuff for various other mixes (as opposed to my usual method of focusing on one thing) does not make this simpler. And I really wanted to watch High Fidelity before I started this. It's a movie about mixtapes! Or mixtape culture, or something. Who cares. It's got John Cusack! He sure is dreamy. All who disagree should go watch Better Off Dead before they try and tell me different. Anyway, I'd given myself the impression that I'd seen it and thus all I needed to do was refresh my memory, but apparently I was thinking of Empire Records. Go figure. I did at least read the wiki article about mixtapes. There is WAY more going on than I ever knew. Crazy.

LL Cool J - I Can't Live Without My Radio
...cause you need your radio to play your mixtapes, duh. Let's hear it for the boomin system.
Midnight Juggernauts - This New Technology
...oh, the irony. This ain't yo momma's mixtape. CDs are the future. Er... were the future. I have a remix of this one by Memory Tapes, but while the double whammy would have been awesomely sweet I have to go for the superior version.
The Kills - Tape Song
Wyclef Jean - The Mix Show
N*E*R*D - Tape You
...hey wait, I think he's talking about a different kind of tape...

Before I can actually listen to this I've got loads of indie rock, electro, soul and Russian hip-hop (o.O?) to make my way through. Not used to this makin mixes blind thing, but sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day. Guess what? I am not a robot. Reserving the right to come back and edit this later. Most likely I will, in fact, until I'm happier with this.

----------------
Now playing: Marina & the Diamonds - I Am Not A Robot (acoustic)
via FoxyTunes

No comments: