Friday, January 29, 2010

Wavin' bye to the train or bus

Share the Road - Buses and Bicycles from Chicago Bicycle Program on Vimeo.



Woo, safety first! For me this is mostly common sense ish after nine years of transportational cycling, but still it's handy to know and nice to see. I wish Chicago would come down and visit sometime. More seriously, I wish more people in autos had the presence of mind to be aware so two-wheeled folks like me don't get runned over. Somehow that nearly happened twice (!) on my commute this morning. Baffling! It's only two miles. Takes me a whole eight minutes. And today I only used one street. And a smaller one, at that. Le sigh. As if dealing with cold snaps wasn't enough. Good thing I ride defensively.

Don't get hit by the bus mix:
DJ Trackstar - The Playboys - Bumpin Bus Stop
Frankie Smith - Double Dutch Bus
Bus People Express - Augusta Georgia
Rjd2 - Bus Stop Bitties
Beastie Boys - Mark on the Bus

Hmm... surprisingly funky.

No comments: