Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lying alone in the hospital

Bleh. Don't much care for hospital visits. They kinda creep me out, to be perfectly honest. Could be it's the smell. Or maybe it's the doctors. Or it's the sickness and pain and death, perhaps. And let's not forget about the bills. Whatever the case, I highly suggest avoidance of frostbite, as recovery is not nearly as much fun as we've been led to believe. Don't ask. In fact, I don't know why I'd even bother to create a mix for this. Not for the happy memories, that's for sure. I think it's because I listened to the original version of this Metric song today, for the first time. You ever hear a song that you know but don't know how you know, cause you don't know it? I feel like the universe is out to get me. Freaked me out something fierce, that's for sure. When I sat down and actually listened to this, though, that made everything better. Music takes me to a happy place. Gotta love that Candi Staton, and it's been too long since I listed to anything from Miseducation.

A playlist in two parts...
1:
Friendly Fires - In the Hospital
Johnny Cash - Hurt
Faunts - It Hurts Me All the Time
Metric - Monster Hospital (acoustic)
Bad Fathers - Hurting
Candi Staton - Too Hurt To Cry
Lauryn Hill - When It Hurts So Bad
Gentleman Auction House - A Hospital of Heaven
2:
Phoenix - If I Ever Feel Better
N*E*R*D - Things Are Getting Better
David Bowie - A Better Future (Air remix)
Gnarls Barkley - A Little Better
John Legend - Each Day Gets Better

No comments: