Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I'd been having some virus drama for a while that was a perpetual annoyance as none of the programs I could find were able to get rid of it. Finally today I got around to trying a factory restore. I'd been reluctant to do something so drastic, but enough was enough. Sick to death of corrupted programs and crashes, and with this shiny huge new hard drive backing up my data seemed to be less of a problem. Boy am I glad I did. I didn't lose anything important, and I even downloaded the latest versions of the programs I use most. Included in that list was The GodFather, which is an awesome but cumbersome way to alter tags and file names of mp3s. With the amount of music I have dumped into random folders and the obsessive methods I have when it comes to organization it's definitely a must have. While I was looking around I came across Tag&Rename and decided to check it out since it had better reviews. Turns out this works way better. So much more powerful and intuitive. Should be much easier to make headway on the Great Reorganization now. How friggin sweet. Thanks you, cnet. I also played around with personas finally, so Firefox is now all infused with music. The only downside is I forget which theme it was I'd been using for Firefox, I seem to have lost the ability to add IMDB and Meriam-Webster to my toolbar search engines, and my FoxyTunes controls are a little wonky. Gotta see if I can work it out.

1 comment:

Perry said...

Definitely gonna check out this software. I get by with MP3tag (www.mp3tag.de) and it works pretty well, but interested to see what this can do.