Monday, February 15, 2010

They call me quiet, but I'm a riot

o.O? The band formerly known as "The Gossip" apparently has changed their name to "Gossip". ...the part of me that likes things to be organized doesn't know how to handle that. Should I find all the locations where the old name occurs and change them to the new? Should I be steadfast and stick with the original? Or should I change the info only for music they've released from the point in time at which the new name was used?

Arrgh. Can't decide... can't decide, brain aneurysm!

No New Music Monday this week. Still in the midst of reorganizing an entire library of music, rebuilding playlists I've destroyed, etc, and it's a beast. Roughly 4.3 gigs filed and in place, 58.5+ left to go. Gonna be at this a little while. Maybe this'll tide you over for a spell.
Gossip - Heavy Cross (RAC remix)

----------------
Now playing: The Ting Tings - That's Not My Name (LA Riots remix)
via FoxyTunes

4 comments:

Perry said...

I'm not familiar with Gossip's work, but I read your post, then saw that they're coming to the firebird in April, tix on sale this Sat., and they're expected to sell out (says the firebird). Seriously, should I be excited? Oh, and I'd recommend changing all your MP3s to 'GOSSIP' instead of 'THE GOSSIP'. I'm totally anal with my collection and almost always removed leading 'THE's 'A's, etc. ... and I always use UPPER CASE.

Marcus said...

Gasp! This is information I was unaware of. Honestly I haven't listened to Gossip extensively and have no idea what they're like live... they are pretty rad though. I wouldn't be surprised to see them sell out. I may have to recommend some excitement on this one. I've got 75 tracks by them; the other day while they were on my mind I picked a handful at random, and I was surprisingly blown away. Hadn't remembered liking them so much, and such a large percentage of their work. And I'm totally anal too but completely the opposite, I insist on having leading 'The's and 'A's and whatnot in place. And not having things in the proper case freaks me out.

Perry said...

Aggh! You are like my evil (or good?) opposite twin of music organization!

Marcus said...

Hahaha. I am Bizarro Perry!