Tuesday, February 02, 2010

It's late and I'm feeling so tired

I thought naps were supposed to be a good thing. It would seem this is not always the case. First, I had this weird dream where I wanted to get dessert so I went walkin' about to find some. Only I headed into this rougher residential neighborhood, so of course I wasn't going to find anything. I wanted to turn around and head back, but had just passed some random person and was worried about them watching and judging me when I immediately went past them again. Figured I would turn at the corner, walk over a block and then head back on the next street over. It was all going beautifully, until for some reason I found myself walking uninvited into a random stranger's house. Luckily no one was home and I was about to leave, but my luck ran out when someone returned and found me standing there. He wasn't too pleased to find me, and told me so by pulling out a gun and shooting at me. And at a cat, just for good measure. It wasn't so bad though. I could understand where he was coming from. And it turned out the bullets were actually BBs. Once he calmed down and I got patched and drugged up, we watched infomercials and listened to music for a while.

More importantly, that stupid nap has whacked out my sleep schedule. I've been awake for like the last six hours (ugh), and so bored. Spent some time playing around under the hood of the blog. Finally figured out how to put icons on the sidebar, been meaning to get around to that for ages. Small victories. Oh, and I stumbled across Corinne Bailey Rae. Just read that her husband died of an accidental overdose while she was in the middle of recording her second album. How sad. I've yet to listen to it, but the first is still as good as I remember.

Let's hope I'm not so messed up that I can't get something productive done today.

----------------
Now playing: Corinne Bailey Rae - Trouble Sleeping
via FoxyTunes

No comments: