Wednesday, February 03, 2010

When disaster strikes...

It's a tough time when a dear loved one is near death. For me right now, that someone is my hard drive, and I would appreciate any and all support during this difficult time. So full of music, and pictures, and life. I am less than thrilled (see: full on panicked) at the thought of loosing the entirety of my music library, plus all the amusing pictures I've saved over the years (cause when the apocalypse comes, we'll be judged on the number of funny pictures we have accumulated). Luckily I'd managed to get it working again and save most of the super critical stuff, and it's shiny new replacement arrived today. Now begins the monumental task of reorganizing the whole she-bang. The good news is I found some old but decent speakers I haven't used in years and got them set up, so when I listen to tunes while I work I'll have a little wattage behind them instead of puny laptop speakers. Oh-rah.

2 comments:

Justine Urbikas said...

back your stuff up dude... I got an external hard drive last year and its wonderful

Marcus said...

The drive that's acting sketchy is an external... I've never been big on redundancy, but maybe I should be...